Vacature sluit op 23 oktober 2020
GEPLAATST OP 24 SEPTEMBER 2020
Process Improvement Engineer
Hexion materials are found in products that touch nearly every facet of modern living. At Hexion, we believe that leadership begins with integrity, ethics and environmentally sound operations. When you work for Hexion, you are partnering with a company that is not only focused on delivering value but on doing it in a safe, ethical and environmentally responsible manner.
- Responsible for the improvement of Pernis manufacturing facilities to meet HSE/Q policies and standards;
- Responsible for defining the process safety and technology operating windows;
- Responsible for developing improvement plans to improve the manufacturing targets (e.g. HSE, reliability, yield, utility consumption, quality, variable and direct fixed costs);
- Responsible to develop a long-term improvement plan;
- Co-responsible (with Unit Team Lead) for manufacturing input for operational agreements with raw material suppliers, toll manufacturers and other third parties;
- Responsible for the improvement of Pernis manufacturing management processes;
- Responsible for annual plan and variances of raw materials and utility usages;
- Responsible for initiation and development of long term investment plans together with the business through the Asset teams;
- Responsible for initiation and implementation of short- and long term productivity projects;
- Responsible to follow up on abnormalities to provide long term compliance to the defined operating windows; including initiation of Root Cause Analyses;
- Responsible to optimize the S&OP process together with the business and supply chain;
- Responsible to provide technology and engineering input to the S&OP process.
- Builds relationships with customers and internal partners;
- Understands the division’s / business unit’s strategic plan;
- Understands relationship between business plans and team/unit and role;
- Identifies problems in attaining planned goals or work and proposes solutions.
Trust and Teamwork:
- Displays correct, professional business etiquette in all interactions;
- Understands that there are different approaches when making decisions and utilizes as appropriate;
- Compiles and presents information in a manner easily understood by others;
- Collaborates to enhance team efforts through personal contributions. Places team success above personal success;
- Communicates directly, honestly and respectfully to gain cooperation and resolve conflicts with others.
- Evaluates and plans the use of resources to obtain efficiencies wherever possible;
- Accepts responsibility for the consequences of personal actions;
- Acts in a manner consistent with Hexion’s core values;
- Displays a positive and willingness to make the necessary effort to accomplish goals;
- Demonstrates accountability for own work, personal and professional development;
- Recognizes and considers cultural differences in a respectful manner.
Achieve Business Results:
- Accomplishes assignments on time and contributes to continuously improve work flow and – processes;
- Plans, organizes and completes projects and functional work to accomplish goals and assignments;
- Accomplishes expectations and delivers goals and work timely and efficiently
- Relevant work experience, experience in chemical industry is an absolute plus;
- Good knowledge of Dutch and English;
- You have strong analytical skills;
- You are an excellent communicator, you possess the ability to communicate effectively across the organization with different stakeholders at all levels;
- You are committed, enthusiastic and flexible;
- You can both work independently as well be a good team player;
- You are proactive and feel comfortable in taking the lead.
- Bachelors/Master’s degree in technical engineering
Vragen over de vacature?
010 2954 000
Hutchison Ports ECT Rotterdam
Shell Nederland Raffinaderij B.V.