Vacature sluit op 18 augustus 2022
GEPLAATST OP 18 JULI 2022
Safety and Sustainability Lead
innocent has always wanted to be a leader, not a follower, on Health, Safety and Sustainability (beyond environmental compliance) and we pride ourselves in doing business differently. We understand and take responsibility for every social and environmental impact that our business has on the world around us, always striving to leave things better than we find them. This includes taking responsibility for every impact that our operations will have on our employees and those that are affected by them.
With the opening of the first ever innocent-owned factory, we want to be known as “The Earth’s Favourite Little Healthy Drinks Factory” which entails setting ambitious and inspiring targets setting us apart from how a factory is typically operated. This factory produces more than 400 million bottles a year and has 200 employees working in a 24/7 operations.
Reporting to the site director, the Safety and Sustainability Lead will develop and implement innocent’s ambitious safety, health and sustainability strategy to ensure a safe, healthy and planet-friendly place to work. This role is part of the leadership team. We create Health, Safety and Sustainability programmes that, in turn, develop into industry leading initiatives. To do this, the Safety and Sustainability Lead will need to challenge the status quo and drive behaviour change both internally and externally, across the entire supply chain and be a strategic thinker and innovator.
- This role is part of the leadership team
- Contribute to the overall factory strategy and leadership development initiatives
- Lead a high performing team and manage your team’s performance and administration
- Responsible for all aspects of the safety and sustainability strategy
- Drives the safety and sustainability culture within the factory
2. Factory start up
- Support the implementation and execution of an integrated management system for Health, Safety & Sustainability
- Set the Health & Safety and Sustainability agenda from the word go and ensure this is embedded into the factory
- Actively involved in the team recruitment and selection, safety training development and delivery for all innocent employees and setting maintaining the right safety culture within the factory
3. HSE strategy implementation
- Be the business partner in overseeing the implementation of the new health, safety and sustainability strategy.
- Manage the process of making health, safety and sustainability a contractual obligation and business priority for suppliers
- Assist with holding key internal stakeholders to account to keep business decisions in line with the new strategy
- Ownership for developing the health, safety and sustainability objectives and targets for the site
4. Ensure that health, safety and sustainability objectives are part of department and personal objective setting HSE incident and crisis management & emergency preparedness
- Ensure incident management and crisis plans has been set up and executed on the right way
- Responsible for the right management and implementation of site emergency plans
5. Compliance programme
- Deliver & maintaining the health, safety and sustainability aspects of the site management system
- Responsible for maintaining industry leading health, safety and sustainability standards beyond legal compliance
6. Internal and external representation of the brand
- Responsible for building a business culture that embraces safety & sustainability to the fullest
- Support Site Director as a spokesperson for innocent health, safety and sustainability, regularly representing the company at both internal and external forums
- Eyes and ears on safety, health and sustainability at all levels of the business
- Significant experience working in a senior Safety and Sustainability role for an FMCG company
- Experience in overseeing the successful design and implementation of safety and environment standards, procedures and systems in a manufacturing environment
- Passionate about ensuring everyone goes home from work safe and for making a positive impact on the world and people around us
- Experience in developing and implementing a positive safety and sustainability culture
- Fluent in Dutch and English
- Relevant Health, Safety and Environment qualification
- Experience managing safety and sustainability targets including developing targets, implementing procedures to manage, periodic reporting, translating results into recommendations, implementation of recommendations and quantifying savings and benefits
- Leadership – able to lead and inspire a team
- Proven strategic influencing and innovation skills
- Project management skills
- Strong communication skills in Dutch and English
- Stakeholder management
- Change management
innocent drinks - de blender
3198 NH, Europoort Rotterdam
Tronox Pigments (Holland) B.V.
SGS Nederland B.V.
Olenex Edible Oils B.V.