Vacature sluit op 5 oktober 2022
GEPLAATST OP 5 SEPTEMBER 2022
Product Safety Specialist
Are you looking for a role where you can contribute to compliancy concerning all finished products we use? Are you keen on clear safety and hazard communication of products? Welcome at LyondellBasell.
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2022, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the "World's Most Admired Companies" for the fifth consecutive year.
- Serve as liaison with business groups, manufacturing, R&D, sales and marketing, technical services, legal and customers on Hazard Communication issues for assigned product(s)
- Interprets complex regulatory issues and provides recommendations to business groups, sales, external customers, distributors, plants, legal and R&D/Technical.
- Manage and resolve customer requests for Safety Data Sheets (SDS)/labels in assigned areas of responsibility to international regulations and requirements.
- Monitor and manage emerging issues or changing regulations in assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Participate in the process to develop, plan and implement programs and procedures in compliance with Company Operational Excellence expectations
- Collaboratively work within the Product Safety team to coordinate support of regulatory issues for assigned business area.
- Participate in planning and execution of Hazard Communication initiatives (GHS, SAP integrations).
- Support large scale company projects/initiatives.
As our new Product Safety Specialist, you manage and resolve requests for Safety Data Sheets (SDS ) labels in assigned areas of responsibility. You are able to analyze and (re) calculate data to produce reliable data sheets. Don’t assume but be sure. Be able to prioritize and handle last minute requests.
Pro-active, strong communication skills, curious by nature.
This is what you bring
- BS/MS technical degree in chemistry, engineering or an Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) discipline
- Minimum (1-3) year of specific functional experience in the areas of Hazard Communications regulation, Product Stewardship, EHS or product technical R&D is preferred.
- Strong analytical and evaluation skills.
- Interpersonal capabilities to work effectively as a team member both in-person and remotely
- Strong PC skills including spreadsheets, databases
- Strong technical skills and product understanding.
- English proficiency is required.
- SAP/CheMS experience is required
- Builds effective teams
- Cultivates innovation
- Customer focus
- Demonstrates courage
- Drives results
- Ensures accountability
- Instills trust and exemplifies integrity
We offer an environment where we encourage personal and professional growth and where you will be rewarded for your performance and results. You will have the possibility to work with specialist on all fields to develop innovative solutions and to extend your national and international network. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary package.
The Company's Global Remote Work Policy allows eligible employees the option to work up to two days a week from home.
LyondellBasell is committed to advancing diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) to ensure a positive experience for all employees.
3013 AA, Rotterdam
Vreugdenhil Dairy Foods
Shin-Etsu PVC B.V.
N+P Group Rotterdam