APM Terminals Maasvlakte II, a fully automated container terminal, has a clear mission. To provide a safe, seamless connection between land and sea. A connection that links countries, markets and customers, annually allowing millions of containers to find their end destination, anywhere across the globe. To achieve this we give it our best. Every single day. Leveraging on the commitment, talent and expertise of our colleagues and making use of the most advanced, sustainable technology available within our sector. This makes APM Terminals’ operation and services one of the most client focused, innovative and technologically advanced in the world. A position we take pride in, and we aim to keep.
In the close interaction between people, equipment and systems, our IT department plays a key role. IT forms the backbone of the terminal, ensuring a maximal performance of systems and a smooth and timely exchange of data required to support, run and optimize a fully automated terminal. With a strong commitment to the day-to-day operation and a focus on the future, our IT department sets a new standard for both APMT and the sector.
To make sure we remain one step ahead at all times, we are currently looking for an Infrastructure Expert – DBA.
As an Infrastructure Expert you are responsible for the continuity of administrative and logistics systems. For this you define, design, configure and coordinate support for operating systems, server applications, client applications, storage structures, databases, peripherals, documentations and manuals. With your DBA specialization you specifically add advanced knowledge to the team on managing, troubleshooting and maintaining the high-end database platforms that our advanced terminal requires.
You will report to the Manager IT Infrastructure.
- Determine database architecture and conditions for building and operating databases;
- Analyze database systems using structured analysis and data modelling techniques, provides recommendations for improvement;
- Maintain database integrity (backup and recovery, develop and maintain business continuity);
- Perform calculations, interdependency analysis and prioritization exercises related to systems changes;
- Perform/coordinate maintenance work to database systems;
- Perform/coordinate maintenance work to operating systems, system applications, hardware and peripherals;
- Collaborate with project teams to manage system interdependencies;
- Analyze technical issues, provides feedback to both internal organization and suppliers;
- Create and maintain documentation, organize knowledge sharing sessions;
- Management of (PROD) system configuration items.
- Minimal bachelor educational level;
- At least 5 years working experience in (technical) IT environment;
- Knowledge of operating systems (Windows 75% / Linux 25%);
- Advanced knowledge of RDBMS (SQL Server 2012 and beyond);
- Basic knowledge of Storage platforms (Netapp, LeftHand);
- Basic knowledge of log analysing and monitoring technologies (Splunk/Nagios/Hyperic/RedGate);
- Basic knowledge of networks;
- Knowledge of project management methodologies (e.g. Prince2) is considered an advantage;
- Knowledge of container terminal applications at analyst level is considered an advantage;
- Experience with service management tools (e.g. Remedy/Service Now);
- Enterprising, stress resistant, communicative, organized, analytical, pragmatic;
- Willing and able to work in standby rotation for 24/7 support of the terminal;
- Fluent in Dutch and English, both in word and in writing.
- A key role in a highly innovative, fast paced and international environment;
- The opportunity to make a difference, working on the cutting edge of IT in the container terminal industry;
- An open and engaging working environment;
- Ample opportunities for personal and professional growth.