Do you want to make a telling contribution to the technical growth and innovation of our company? Are you a specialist in the design and implementation of advanced automation control systems? Do you like to work within a complex chemical environment? Welcome to LyondellBasell…
As an Advanced Process Automation and Control Engineer you will be taking care of a broad range of automation and control as well as safeguarding applications in our plants. In this role you will deliver continuous improvements to our plants in the field of safety, reliability, quality and cost. Your responsibility vary from analysis, selection of hardware and design of software, to programming, configuration, execution, testing, problem solving and commissioning.
With your thorough knowledge and detailed understanding of process control systems, control strategies and functional safety you will provide leadership in automation related projects and the automation aspects of operational excellence. A role where you actively will connect with production, engineering, maintenance, safety, IT and with external engineering firms or vendors. After all you assure the security and reliability of installed process control and safety systems.
An interesting technical role where no day will be the same and with room to specialize yourself further!
Summary of tasks:
- Integrate systems to make the production cycle more visible to monitor and control;
- Optimize our the production processes with advanced process control applications;
- Train the colleagues to use these systems;
- Advise other departments on process modifications;
- Act as a system maintenance engineer as well;
- Initiate and define different automation projects;
- Lead research concerning Management of Change Process;
- Guide the implementation and maintenance of the DCS aspects of the Operator training simulations.
You are a result oriented technical specialist with excellent communicative and practical skills. You are a team player with initiative, good analytical and trouble-shooting skills. You are a creative thinker and have a continuous improvement and learning mindset. You have a strong background in programming and implementing control strategies and functions in control or safety systems.This is what you bring
- A Bachelors’ or Master’s degree with a preferred specialization in the field of industrial automation and control or process technology;
- Over 10 years of experience within Process Automation & Control in a comparable manufacturing environment;
- Fluent English and Dutch.
Please feel free to call Natalie Backx at +31(0)6 25460316 for more details. Would you like to apply? Just send us your motivation and resume via the application button.