Bunge is one of the world’s leading agribusiness and food ingredient companies. Thanks to their integrated supply chain, Bunge sources soybeans, rapeseeds and sunflower seeds from reliable growers. The result is high quality and full traceability from seed to ingredient. Main clients of Bunge are producers of chocolate, bakery, dairy, aqua feed and milk replacers.
In this position, you will become part of the Bunge team, consisting of 6 colleagues (1 lab coordinator & 5 lab analysts) and headed in Amsterdam (harbor area). Working in the Bunge team means ensuring the safe manufacturing of quality products to serve Bunge’s customers.
You will have 1 direct report and 5 indirect reports. You will report to the Plant Manager Amsterdam and to the Quality Food Safety Manager Western Europe (based in Barcelona).
What will be your main goal as QA / QC Manager?
You will be responsible for controlling the quality and food-safety of our products up to their delivery to our customers:
You will do so by leading the Quality Department and by making sure that we are in compliance with all the laws & regulations (food & feed safety, product quality & risk management).
In addition, you will monitor production methods, ensure quality in the product beginning (raw product up to finished product) and inspect products and production processes; This includes monitoring storage and shipping.
You will apply quality tools, methodologies and procedures in ensuring the upmost quality in products or services.
Lastly, you will perform internal audits and ensure feedback from customers on QA of products. We will rely on your recommendations for improvements if you notice any areas of weakness!
- Coordination of laboratory and quality control
- Quality assurance,
- Audits, Customer complaint follow-up, questionnaires
- HACCP system, EFISC and ISO standards
- Monitoring of production parameters in order to ensure production effectiveness and efficiency
- Analyzing the quality, feedback and interpretation results for production or staff management
- Communicating quality control information to all relevant departments, suppliers or customers
- Creating and implementing inspection and testing criteria / procedures
- Keeping in touch with the local authorities for the purpose of annual assessments, regular inspections and possible authorizations
- The need to conduct research and development activities necessary in connection with any new projects or for the improvement of the efficiency of the actions undertaken by the management
Your offer to us, a strong focus and passion for Quality
- You have 5+ years of experience in managing a Quality Department, preferably in the Food or Feed sector
- Higher professional education in food technology, chemical or health science related study
- You have up to date knowledge of the legislative requirements in the field
- All office programs experience
- SAP experience
- English knowledge at advanced level, Dutch is desirable
- Knowledge of HACCP, EFISC, FSSC 22000 and HALAL/KOSHER/IP desirable
You recognize yourself in this description
You are a strong communicator (verbally and in writing) and have good organizational & training skills. Problem solving and decision making is an attitude of yours. You tend to think in possibilities and are aware of risks.
Leadership skills come natural to you, people consider you a true motivator and team player. You take ownership & initiatives, propose continuous improvements and are able to solve conflicts if they arise.
An offer you can’t refuse
Bunge offers a challenging position in an international context. You will become the QA/QC Manager that will manage the lab and ensures the highest possible level of quality of our products. Your ideas and input will be very valuable!
The first month you will receive a thorough on-the-job training to grow into your role. We offer you excellent primary and secondary labor agreements.
- Good start salary (based on experience);
- 25 holiday days
- Variable Pay (Bonus system);
- 13th month salary
- Excellent opportunities for training- and development;
- The office in the harbor area of Amsterdam (Address: Coenhavenweg) can easily be reached by car (We have our own parking lot). Public transport is available, though not very frequent. We do have our own bus peddling between Amsterdam Sloterdijk and the plant in the morning and late afternoon. Ofcourse we also offer you commuting allowance (monthly maximum compensation).