This position will require strong analytical skills but also very good verbal and writing communication skills (in English), good organizational skills and ability to work with defined goals and deadlines.
The applicant must have the ability to continuously prioritize workload while maintaining a focus on quality, accuracy and most important the confidentiality requirements of this function.
This will be a global position, based in Europe but with strong connections in ASIA and North America, the candidate will also be developed internally, receiving trainings and coaching opportunities with specialists on the respective fields.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Monitor Information Security Incidents, engaging with other IT areas and eventually with end users (Assume daily reviews of SIEM events);
- Ensure all existing use cases are either actively monitored and action plans identified;
- Demonstrate knowledge of threat, vulnerability and exploit tracking resource. Validate and test new exploits, ensure existing controls can detect, log and blocked, identify any new controls needed;
- Research on Security Vulnerabilities and Threat Intelligence Sources;
- Ensure accurate tracking and resolution of events;
- Identify and develop security standards and best practices for their organization;
- Help computer users when they need to install or learn about new security products and procedures;
- Seek improvements in current processes to eliminate handoffs and improve customer experience;
- Perform ticket queue and email monitoring and prioritization.
- 3rd or 4th year (graduation) student Bachelor's or Master's level, which is relevant for this role (Business IT & Management, IT security, Information Technology, Information management);
- Very good knowledge of Operational Systems Architecture and Networking (TCP/IP);
- Must have excellent communication skills in English.
- Industry specific certifications are a plus such as GIAC, CETH, Microsoft or Cisco Certifications;
- Ability to write scripts in Powershell, python or bash are a plus;
- Programming skills in other languages on a good level are also a plus;
- Advantage in having additional language skills.
- Cultivates innovation:
- Customer focus:
- Demonstrates courage:
- Drives results:
- Ensures accountability:
- Instills trust and exemplifies integrity:
What do we offer
Want to apply?
If your application is successful, we arrange for a telephone interview to take place. If this telephone interview is successful, we will invite you for a face to face interview, in most cases there will be two rounds of these interviews. In case the location of the interviewers is different from the location you are based out of, we will arrange for a virtual interview. You will have the opportunity to ask us any further questions about the role and benefits.
Contact for more information:
Who are we
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polymer compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies.
Our vision, mission, values and leadership principles drive how we behave, how we interact and how we will consistently deliver outstanding results.