Are you the Lab Manager that can drive our Experimental Facilities in our transformation from a Research Lab to a business-driven Innovations lab?
Huntsman have a rare opportunity for an experienced people manager with a strong background in Chemistry to lead our Experimental Facilities to support our key production site in Rotterdam.
As an Experimental Facilities Manager you will help our Global Excellence Team in identifying and supporting process reliability and improvement opportunities, mitigating risks that could adversely affect our plant and business operations.
With a team of highly skilled Experimental Officers you will develop and maintain best practices for production, lead and support Root Cause Problem Solving and drive improvement opportunities, whilst maintaining a healthy and safe working environment.
Additionally, as the Experimental Facilities Manager, you will:
- Advise Line management and the Global Excellence Team Director on determining the annual revenue budget for the facilities and monitor the expenditure of the accompanied cost centres, liaising with the local accounts department and signing requisitions up to an agreed limit.
- Define expenditure proposals for capital investments within the facilities and supervise the equipment selection and procurement process. Act as the local approver [Capex Coordinator] for Global Excellence Team Capex projects.
- Propose or collaborate in setting up research work programmes in accordance with Project Teams’ Business & Technical objectives in all parts of the DADPM, MDI and phosgene processes, including product quality aspects, and manage their execution via reporting staff. Communicate progress and results to Project Managers, Process Development Engineers and others e.g Production Site Management.
- Provide advice on urgent experimental investigations as necessary to resolve problems on the manufacturing plants related to existing plant performance or product quality.
- Assess and evaluate results generated by laboratory-based experiments, interpret these in the context of complex chemical processes and refine the direction of subsequent investigations in order to meet defined targets.
- Contribute to the achievement of Global Excellence Team Knowledge Management goals by ensuring that all significant scientific investigations carried out are documented formally in official Technical Reports.
- Ensure the facilities meet and continue to meet legal and Huntsman requirements in terms of the physical conditions of buildings, laboratories and other technical and non-technical areas.
- Contribute to the achievement of Global Excellence Team goals by serving on interdisciplinary Project Teams
- Master’s degree in chemistry (or related fields of study), with at least 10 years of relevant working experience in R&D projects and work programs.
- Experience in leading business driven innovations, with at least 5 years of working experience in an innovation lab environment.
- Excellent people management skills, able to drive cultural changes.
- Familiar with the industry and able to understand the processes on site, experience with MDI processes is an advantage.
- Able to manage department's financials (budgeting, Capex, operational budget)
- Fluent in English and Dutch
Wie zijn wij
Huntsman Corporation is a publicly traded global manufacturer and marketer of differentiated and specialty chemicals with 2018 revenues more than $9 billion. Our chemical products number in the thousands and are sold worldwide to manufacturers serving a broad and diverse range of consumer and industrial end markets. We operate more than 75 manufacturing, R&D and operations facilities in approximately 30 countries and employ approximately 10,000 associates within our four distinct business divisions.
For more information about Huntsman, please visit the company's website at www.huntsman.com.