The Pernis Turnaround (TA) Cost Engineering team is responsible for cost estimation, cost control and benchmarking of TA & Projects department (DMS/73) executed Turnarounds. TA’s are typically grouped in an event as a multitude of production units are interdepend of each other and therefore require to be taken down together. The inspection and repair period of units in an event take some 6 weeks on average. TA events at Pernis are typically executed during a Spring and Fall season each year.
The TA Cost Estimating & Benchmark Engineer is responsible for
- Contributing to the development, implementation and maintenance of cost management and estimating tools, processes, procedures, and reports in support of Pernis needs and compliant with the global Asset Management System framework. A key document is the TA Cost Management Plan.
- Coordination of the annual Turnaround Business plan (T&R) including DMS/73 managed OPEX TA’s and delivery of the Credible Path to Top Quartile overview.
- Contributing to consistent cost performance measurement (i.e. VoWD, LE, earned/burned) for TA and management reporting including the maintenance of the historical Turnaround cost performance database.
- Delivering 50% and 30% accurate cost estimates, identify special cost items and cost drivers deviating from the standard rates (approx. total of 20 estimates per year).
- Maintaining the key equipment cost ratio’s (Kengetallen) of Pernis Turnaround Cost Estimate tool for 50% and 30% estimates together with the lead-planner focal-point on annual basis.
- Providing ad-hoc support to peer cost engineers responsible for delivery of 10% accurate cost estimates, cost controls and reporting of cost progress within strict time schedules and routines.
- Performing cost estimate assurance reviews for estimates delivered by your peers.
- Coordination of post-TA delivery of close-out documentation and lessons learned (including ao. the Solomon Fuels study data and 50%-30%-10% actual comparisons/ analysis.)
- Delivering consistent and qualitative input to the bi-annual Solomon Fuels Study benchmark as the focal-point for Turnarounds Maintenance.
- Contributing to the development and implementation of per unit competitive (Solomon benchmark) Turnaround target costs.
- Participation in external assurance cost estimate reviews at other operating sites within Downstream EMEA (i.e Moerdijk, Rheinland, SAPREF)
- Performing ad hoc problem solving and analytical requests from senior management.
- Work experience on Turnarounds and/or Projects in Execute
- Strong communicator and effective in building sustainable relationships with stakeholders
- Creative in applying a range of influence tactics and not afraid of being the messenger of a hard truth
- Fluency in Dutch, both in writing as verbally to enable effective communications with stakeholders who are not as profound in English
- IT literate with strong affinity with Excel for our cost control and estimating tools are Excel based.
- A technical Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience demonstrating your affinity with the technical scope of work of a Turnaround/Project to validate ability to translate scope, risks and uncertainties into costs.
How to apply
If you are interested in the job, you can apply directly via the button below.
Acquisitie naar aanleiding van deze vacature wordt niet op prijs gesteld.
Shell Nederland BV is a platform for international collaboration, with Shell offering direct employment to around ten thousand people in the Netherlands alone, including roughly 2,800 non-Dutch employees from around 80 countries. Diversity is key at Shell Nederland, and our employees reflect the innovation that stems from a diverse workforce. By joining Shell Nederland, you will benefit from an unrivalled industry-leading development programme that will see you tap into a pool of expert knowledge that will help propel your career. Shell Nederland is the holding company of most Shell companies operating in the Netherlands. Shell Nederland also has an advisory and coordinating role in numerous areas.