- 10 september 2019
- 10 oktober 2019
- BP Raffinaderij Rotterdam - Hoofdvestiging
- 7 tot 10 jaar
- Meer dan 10 jaar
- Raffinaderijen (Minerale Olie)
Engineering Manager is responsible for delivering several projects simultaneously with an investment cost of normally up to $20 million, and for providing engineering oversight and direction to cross-discipline team members as well as 3rd party engineering and contractor resources. Additional responsibilities are to ensure the technical integrity of the project across all phases of the project is in accordance with BP and external standards and in compliance with all relevant regulatory requirements.
The Engineering Manager pays special emphasis on ensuring that BP’s Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) and Process Safety policies are followed within projects. The Engineering Manager manages the delivery of an intrinsically safe, sustainable, reliable, maintainable and operable engineering design for the whole plant life cycle which meets the BP technical standards.
The Engineering Manager is accountable that technical decisions made in the design will result in the required level of operational availability and safety during the complete operational life cycle of the plant.
The Engineering Manager also endorses any business decisions or risk actions if they impact engineering or technical integrity. Engineering Manager also supports the construction, installation, commissioning and start-up activities of projects.
The Engineering Manager is accountable for:
- Setting Technical and Engineering direction for the whole duration of project
- Developing the Front-End Engineering HSE plan
- Ensuring that projects follow the Project HSE Management process
- Approving HSE documents and/or generic HSE actions in line with the Project HSE Management process
- Acting as the first point of contact for engineering contractors in the area of HSE
- Performance Management of Engineering Contractors
- Providing Engineering Verification and Engineering Quality Assurance
- Coordination of Engineering Support to Construction, Commissioning and Handover
- Ensuring engineering costs are spent efficiently and meets BP benchmarks
Master’s Degree in Engineering
Essential experience and job requirements:
- 10+ years of engineering experience in Oil and Gas or Chemical industry
- 5+ years project experience of leading cross-functional teams with special focus on development and approval of HSE work you're doing
- Possesses supervisory/managerial experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong leadership attributes and organizational skills
Desirable criteria & qualifications:
- Experience in project development and project delivery
- Experience in a HSE role in projects
- Understanding of the Stage Gated Project Processes
- Understanding of the Engineering Design Systems used on projects
- Familiar with relevant industry international codes, standards, procedures, and specifications
- Possesses good communication and inter-personal skills
- Collaboration - Supportive of team members and demonstrates positive approach to establishing team spirit
- Course VCA Safety for Operational Supervisors
How to apply
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
The Downstream segment has global manufacturing and marketing operations. It is the product and service-led arm of BP, made up of three businesses (Fuels, Lubricants, and Petrochemicals).
We aim to run safe and reliable operations across all our businesses, supported by leading brands and technologies, to deliver high-quality products and services that meet our customers’ needs.
Disciplined execution of our strategy is helping improve our underlying performance, capture opportunities for further growth, generate attractive returns and create a more resilient business that is better able to withstand a range of market conditions; and create opportunities for future growth.