Are you a strong conceptual thinker with a mindset to work on implementing ambitious projects in a production environment?
Huntsman Rotterdam is currently looking for a Process Engineer for our Rotterdam Technology Group, who will play a vital role in the creation, development, execution and commissioning of projects in one of our key sites in the Polyurethane Division.
The primary purpose of a Process Engineer within the Rotterdam Technology Group is to deliver process engineering expertise within the CAPEX project portfolio. The Engineer will be responsible throughout all phases of a project with the ambitious goal to always deliver projects “First Time Right”.
Additionally, as the Process Engineer, you will:
- Follow up on longer term issues experienced in our plants as a source for new projects and to identify technical solutions to various plant problems and opportunities.
- Provide expertise / support in Process Safety studies such as LOPAs and HAZOPs.
- Review and approve the design delivered by the EPC(M) contractors during the design phase of projects.
- Interact with a broad range of departments, such as EHS, operations, Global Excellence, maintenance and supply chain.
- Support the plants in root cause problem solving and incident investigations.
- Provide expertise and Process support in case of production issues.
- MSc qualified in Chemical / Process Engineer, preferably with 2-3 years relevant industry experience in a production environment.
- Strong analytical and conceptual thinker who can work effectively as part of a dynamic multi-disciplinary team.
- Good general knowledge of EHS / Process Safety engineering and a good understanding of Root Cause Problem Solving.
- Proactive attitude with a strong motivation for personal development, leadership skills are an advantage.
- Excellent social/communication skills with the ability to influence and communicate with stakeholders on all levels.
- High level of adaptability with the ability to manage changing circumstances and ambiguity within a production environment
- Preferably fluent in both Dutch and English
How to apply
Huntsman Corporation is a publicly traded global manufacturer and marketer of differentiated and specialty chemicals with 2018 revenues more than $9 billion. Our chemical products number in the thousands and are sold worldwide to manufacturers serving a broad and diverse range of consumer and industrial end markets. We operate more than 75 manufacturing, R&D and operations facilities in approximately 30 countries and employ approximately 10,000 associates within our four distinct business divisions.
For more information about Huntsman, please visit the company's website at www.huntsman.com