As a Head of Key Accounts Team Seafreight you have a strategic global role within Kuehne + Nagel. You will have 2 direct reports managing two teams, the Manager Key Accounts Export and the Manager Key Accounts Import. Together with you, they are responsible for the P&L and connected financials of the Traffic Center in each department. Together with your team you need to ensure a high level of customer service and drive further developments for the customers in the key account portfolio. This is only achievable by working with your team in an efficient, proactive and solution minded manner. You are able to monitor the quality of our service and together with your team you improve the relationship with the customers and actively support company’s development plans . Because of your qualities as a People manager you know how to motivate and inspire your team like no other. When it comes to Market Intelligence, we don’t have to teach you anything. You are the expert! Next to that you are a strong leader and people manager that is able to coach your team and help them develop their skills. You are able to achieve a win-win situation for all parties and reach our corporate goals. We offer a challenging, dynamic role and are looking for a commercial person with knowledge of Sea Freight and experience in Export. Our goal is to gain more exposure, optimize current collaboration and achieve joint targets successfully.
- You will be leading a team of 2 Key Account Managers and 14 (Senior) freight forwarders;
- You provide effective and inspiring day-to-day leadership presence, in which you coach and develop your team members;
- Together with your team, you look after the key accounts and take care of the further expansion of the customer portfolio and the creation of account plans;
- You understand the clients priorities and objectives and map Kuehne + Nagel solutions against those requirements;
- Continually build and plan for the future, you have a firm understanding of where we want to position ourselves (with the team, our clients, technology and products) and how we are going to get there;
- Follows up escalations within the responsible dependents and grant customer satisfaction;
- Continuous optimisation of the operational and administrative process flows;
- You master your department financials and you are able to monitor on KPI’s, take initiatives to increase the profitability and ensure a financially stable environment for the organisation;
- You are an expert in stakeholder management, with the right ownership and drive you communicate effectively internally and externally, take on board the right people and parties and ensure the right;
Your skills and experiences
- You have Bachelor degree in e.g. Economics or Business Administration.
- You have a minimum of 5 years working experience in Leadership.
- You have a commercial mind which seeks continuously opportunities for business development.
- A demonstrable track record of success in achieving personal and departmental targets, as well as entrepreneurial thinking and actions;
- Powers of persuasion, diplomatic panache, excellent communication skills and outstanding on closing deals;
- You feel comfortable in an environment which pushes to the next level standards of quality and efficiency.
- You are familiar with optimizing processes using various technologies and data driven solutions.