This position is accountable for leading various large teams regionally that supports and delivers Accounts Payable Services with a key focus on improving and optimizing company's Procure-to-Pay business processes enabling the Accounts Payable department to be more cost effective and agile in an ever changing environment. The individual will demonstrate good partnering and cross-functional teaming skills with peers and will apply the required knowledge and experience to contribute how the department will move from its current architecture to one that meets the future needs of the business. The ideal individual is a seasoned and experienced accounting and process leader with proven success in managing large teams, complex processes and systems, taking into account different local jurisdiction.
- Lead a team that provides global support to the Company and its external suppliers using the latest trends, tools and best practices, ensuring accuracy of accounting documents.
- Lead a team of skilled accounting experts across multiple disciplines responsible for the end-to-end Accounts Payable operations, whilst maintaining key controls compliance.
- Develop, implement and maintain systems, procedures, policies and Best practices, including Accounts Payable functions to ensure adherence to company guidelines and local legislation.
- Responsible for delivering first-class customer service with internal stakeholders and external suppliers.
- Responsible for setting goals and objectives for direct reports that align with the overall department and business goals.
- Select and hire high skilled employees. Train and evaluate employees to enhance their individual development and performance. Address performance issues and make recommendations for personnel actions. Motivate and reward employees including providing salary increases, bonuses and promotions within allocated budgets and company guidelines.
- Demonstrate leadership by projecting a positive attitude and providing learning incentives and mentoring staff members.
- Ensures that effective team representation takes place for the coordination of work processes and projects with other departments and divisions.
- Provides accounting assistance to project managers and operations staff; responds to financial questions/concerns to meet business needs.
- Proactively seek opportunities to improve efficiency and effectiveness of existing global processes (identify opportunities, develop business cases, and design and implement an appropriate solution).
- Add business value by leading projects following LYBs standard project and system development methodologies.
- Lead and/or implement multiple high priority cross-functional initiatives in a fast paced highly changing environment.
- Responsible for implementing global, enterprise-wide automation strategies, architecture and solutions in alignment with Company goals.
- Embraces changes with regard to M&A, seeking synergies and integrate best practices whilst remaining compliant to change management processes and enterprise SoX key controls.
- Provide coordination with internal and external audit entities to provide evidence for accounting compliance.
- Leadership at the manager level or equivalent in a large, complex global organization with re-sponsibilities for people, process, resources (budget, equipment, intellectual property) and re-sults.
- B.A. degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance a minimum of 10 years of experi-ence in related activities within Purchase to Pay Processes, process orientation and supervision.
- 5+ years Management or leadership experience in an international environment.
- Strong leadership, teamwork and communication skills plus the ability to manage multiple di-verse issues.
- Demonstrated ability in several leadership competencies, see Appendix for detailed explanation.
- Strong operational/tactical leadership skills with maturing strategic leadership.
- Proven excellence in people management skills.
- Proven excellence in process management skills.
- Able to build strong partnerships with other leaders.
- Strong work ethic.
- Able to delegate work as necessary.
- Strong role model – passion for excellence; recognized as impactful leader.
- Ability to drive improvements, results driven.
- Broad experience and understanding of system/SAP disciplines, standards and best practices.
- Proven records of successful implementation of complex solutions.
- Advocating a global thinking and working attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to effectively build and maintain solid relation-ship with internal/external stakeholders, and strong presentation skills to message and com-municate results clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing. Includes being sensitive to, and effective at, operating across different functional areas, organizations and cultures.
- Communicating effectively up, down, and across the AP/P2P organization.
- Aligning with and coordinating activities across multiple functions/organizations.
- Recruiting, coaching and mentoring employees through their career paths.
- Working in large, complex projects to ensure process efficiency and effectiveness, and that up to date technology remain in place.
- Leadership skills and management experience in project management, workload scheduling, execution and after-care controls.
- Strategic focus and a proven track record of continuous improvements, including cost reduction and performance improvement.
- Ability to lead organizational effectiveness initiatives.
- Ability to strike the right balance between managing financial risk and enabling business oppor-tunities.
- Good understanding in the enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems, e.g. SAP and any other business relevant software.
- Ability to effectively manage and complete multiple, complex and changing priorities with minimal supervision. A degree of independence is required.
- Creating, executing and delivering on performance commitments.
- Knowledge and vigilant practice of control concepts (segregation of duties, verification, security) to safeguard disbursed funds.
- Knowledge of Inhouse-Cash, ACH, wire transfer and other electronic funds transfer technology.
- Successfully implementing AP/P2P strategies and solution architectures that produce results.
- Ability and willingness to travel is required
Using communication to influence, guide, and motivate with tact, reasoning, and sensitivity; participating in ongoing Dialog with colleagues and employees to stimulate learning from each other; listening well; treating people with respect; fostering team work and collaboration; sharing information; and keeping relevant persons informed in a timely manner.
Seeing business as a whole, not from narrow or functional perspectives; understanding how decisions and actions within own area impact other areas; understanding linkages and interdependencies among processes; and considering long-term and short-term implications of decisions.
Quickly assessing a situation and taking responsibility for a course of action; recognizing when to involve other people in decision-making or decide on one’s own; knowing when and how to empower self and others; and knowing when to act quickly or respond with more thought and deliberation.
Driving and Managing Teamwork
Understanding the importance and the appropriate use of teams and teamwork to achieve business objectives. Fostering teamwork and collaboration; demonstrating ability to mold and build team spirit, working relationships and decision-making processes required in a dynamic and competitive business environment
Driving Personal Improvement
Showing desire and willingness to learn; asking for feedback to learn if own actions are consistent with the Lyondell-Equistar Leadership Profile; and developing self to stay current with world-class technologies, practices, and processes.
Understanding that management positions are held to a higher set of standards by both subordinates and superiors; making decisions and taking actions that are consistent with stated Enterprise values, priorities, objectives, and business strategies; and taking personal accountability for modeling the appropriate behaviors in all situations.
Understanding and valuing people and cross-cultural differences; conducting oneself with diplomacy and tact; being knowledgeable about business etiquette and protocol in a host of situations; and effectively representing the Enterprise in its national and international markets.